A guide to Louth in Lincolnshire since 2004
Louth Town Quiz
How much do you know about Louth, its people and its history? Test yourself with this quiz.
1. Who attended Monks Dyke High School and KEVIS before reaching the top 10 in the singles charts with "Breakout" in 1986?
2. Who wrote "A History Of Louth", published in 2007?
3. What is the name given to the people of Louth?
4. Where was the (now demolished) LinPac factory?
High Holme Road
5. If you are standing in The Cornmarket, which direction is Spout Yard?
6. When was Louth's biggest flood of the 20th century?
7. Alfred Lord Tennyson spent some of his schooldays in Louth. But where was he born?
8. Why was Hubbard's Hills closed to the public during 2001?
Due to foot and mouth disease
It was flooded
The council could not afford to maintain it
9. Why was the Vicar of St James for 1536 unable to preach there in April 1537?
He had died of the plague
He had sailed to America
He had been hung, drawn and quartered at Tyburn for his part in the Lincolnshire Rising
10. What is the Louth Bypass known more prosaically as?
11. Who created the sculpture outside Kidgate School called Solution?
Les Bicknell and Laurence Edwards
12. Which town is Louth twinned with?
La Ferté Bernard, France
Send in your news or comments about Louth
Let us know about local events.
Random Picture Quiz
This quiz changes each time you do it, and is based on images from Louth and the surrounding area.
Louth Eye Home
© Louth Eye. All rights reserved.
Web design and text by
, unless otherwise specified.